Experienced San Diego Restraining Order Attorney – Affordable & Best TRO Defense Attorney Also Experienced In Getting Civil Harassment Charges Dropped Or Reduced
The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros – Our San Diego restraining order lawyer welcomes you to our law office website. A restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone they have a close relationship with. You can ask for this if a person has abused you and you have a close relationship with that person. Close relationship means that you are: Married or registered domestic partners, Divorced or separated, Dating or used to date, Living together or used to live together (more than roommates), Parents together of a child, OR Closely related. Call us if you are in need of a restraining order attorney help
If you are a parent and your child is being abused, you can also file on behalf of your child to protect your child (and you and other family members). If your child is 12 or older, he or she can file on his or her own.
Types Of Restraining Order(Civil Harassment, Work Place, Elder Abuse Domestic Violence etc)
If your relationship with the person you would like restrained does not qualify for a domestic violence restraining order, there are other kinds of orders you can ask for, including:
- Civil Harassment Restraining Order
- Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Order
- Workplace Violence Restraining Order
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order
In addition to helping defend those with an unlawful restraining order, we can also help in filing for those who need to get one against another.
Restraining Order Violations (Penal Code 273.6 PC) Is a Crime
If you violate a temporary restraining order you may be charged with a crime. The punishment if you are convicted may include the following:
- Going to Jail;
- Paying Fines;
- 52 weeks of Domestic Violence Classes;
- Public Work Service;
- Community Service; and,
- Probation, among other potential penalties.
Again, because of these severe consequences, it is important to fight it.
Penalties For Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)
As a result you:
- Will not be able to go to certain places or to do certain things;
- You might have to move out of your home;
- It may affect your ability to see your own children;
- You will not be able to own a gun and you will have to turn in or sell any guns you may now have and not be able to buy a gun while the restraining order is in effect.
- It may affect your immigration status if you are not a U.S. Citizen;
- You will struggle to get work with law enforcement or government agencies once the order is on your record; and, It could lead to criminal charges.
Contact Best Legal Experts For Free Consultation
If you have been served with one against you, call us today at 619-493-1207 or use our contact form. Having an order against you is a serious matter. Our aggressive San Diego restraining order attorney are dedicated to helping those in need of defending or getting a restraining. If you are in need of a protective order defense, call The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros immediately.
If you are not currently in danger, but would like to seek a domestic violence restraining order because of past threats or abuse or potentially future threats, then call today to speak to an experienced San Diego criminal defense lawyer.