Get One of Best & Affordable Escondido Criminal Law Firm For DUI/Drunk Driving, Shoplifting, Arrest/Bench Warrant, Expungements, Restraining Order, Drug Crimes, Petty Theft Crimes, Sex Crimes, Domestic Violence, Robbery, Burglary, Grand Theft Auto, Larceny, Charges. Call 619.493.1207
When facing criminal charges in Escondido, defendants need a reliable and trustworthy DUI & Criminal Defense attorney like the one from The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros Since the three strikes law applies in California, it’s essential that you get good legal representation to defend your case.
Criminal Law Terms Explained
- Crime: An act committed/omitted in violation of laws forbidding/commanding it. Penalties for such violations are clearly prescribed. Criminal laws entails prosecution by the government of someone who has committed an act that can be classified as a crime under the state’s laws.
- Infarction: Minor public offenses, mostly traffic rules violations.
- Misdemeanor: Less serious offense than felony like petty theft or drunk driving.
- Felony: Serious crime punishable by death/extended imprisonment in state prison.
There are several options that can be explored rather than the prescribed penalties under California law. As an Escondido lawyers with 10 years’ experience, our firm can help you with:
- Avoiding arrest by presenting reliable witnesses and evidence from our side
- Reducing charges to misdemeanors or infractions from felony
- Evaluating your case and giving a legal opinion
- Arranging bail hearing
- Conducting independent investigations
- Gathering evidence/witnesses
- Preparing a water-tight case for both negotiations and trial
Also an Aggressive DUI Attorneys Explaining DWI Laws
California State DUI laws can be extremely severe and complex, especially when the person is a repeat offender. As competent, experienced and knowledgeable Escondido attorneys with over 10 years’ experience, we can provide expert advice and legal representation. California DUI laws are mostly in conformity with those of other states with procedural and categorical differences.
DUI offenses have different penalties based on the defendant’s previous history. The penalties are severe and complex in nature. Though these misdemeanors fall under separate sections, a person can be charged and convicted of both offenses even though the punishment is single.
Additionally, if death or injury occurs as a result of the accident, further charges and enhanced sentencing will apply. The penalties include:
- Both fines and imprisonment
- Acceptance of a rehab program
- Supervision and acceptance of regular monitoring
- Community service
- Alternative sentencing
Knowing The Local Courts
Some Escondido law-firms and most clients may not be aware of concepts like alternative sentencing. Though the law remains the same, different counties and local courts may have slightly different procedures. Our legal experts can offer a comprehensive legal opinion so that you make an informed choice.
Call To Get 24/7 Free Consultation For Drunk Driving, Shoplifting, Arrest/Bench Warrant, Expungements, Restraining Order, Drug Crimes, Petty Theft Crimes, Sex Crimes, Domestic Violence, Robbery, Burglary, Grand Theft Auto, Larceny, Cases
Call to speak with a San Diego criminal lawyer now at 619-493-1207