San Diego Theft Crimes Attorneys Assistance – Seek Experienced & Best Local Affordable Theft Law Firm Help To Get Your Charges Dismissed Or Reduced
A San Diego theft crimes lawyer or attorney defends those charged with theft offenses in the city or county.
Legally, theft is taking another’s property or money knowingly, without the owner’s permission. It is important that you hire the right San Diego theft crimes lawyer.
- 1 San Diego Theft Crimes Attorneys Assistance – Seek Experienced & Best Local Affordable Theft Law Firm Help To Get Your Charges Dismissed Or Reduced
- 2 Theft Crimes Attorney Practice Area
- 3 San Diego Theft Categories
- 4 Penalties For Theft Offenses
- 5 Possible Defenses For Theft Crime Offenses
- 6 Get a Consultation from San Diego Theft Crimes Lawyers – Ask About Best Affordable Payment Plans & Free Consultation
Theft crimes are a relatively common crime in San Diego, CA, and other states and are prosecuted either as a misdemeanor or a felony. This is based on the value of the goods and the circumstances of the case.
In California as in other states, the accused’s previous criminal history also has a bearing on whether the crime is classified as a misdemeanor or felony.
This is why you need an experienced and aggressive San Diego theft crimes lawyer to fight for your freedom.
Theft Crimes Attorney Practice Area
A San Diego theft crimes lawyer typically handle all types of theft offense for San Diego County residents such as:
- Petty Theft
- Grand Theft
- Auto Theft
- Grand Theft Auto
San Diego Theft Categories
There are two broad categories of criminal theft: petty theft and grand theft. Petty theft is charged when the value of the stolen goods is $400 or below. This is considered to be a misdemeanor and is prosecuted under PC 484.
It includes crimes like:
- identity theft
- receiving stolen goods
- falsifying information to pawnbrokers
- transferring debit/credit cards
- failing to return library materials
- property fraud
- fraudulently obtaining credit
- failing to return leased or rented property
Penalties For Theft Offenses
San Diego County courts follow the California laws for theft offenses. Theft crimes are dealt with based on several aggravating and mitigating factors. The penalty depends on the value and type of items stolen and the criminal history of the accused. There may be other charges loaded on if additional violations of law have taken place.
Petty theft (misdemeanor) is typically awarded up to 3 years’ informal probation, maximum imprisonment of 6 months in county jail, and $1000 fines. If the value of the goods is very small, below $50, it may be dismissed as an infarction. Grand theft (felony) is punishable with 3 years of informal probation, 16-36 months in state prison. Fines and restitution, counseling, education, etc are awarded according to the discretion of the sentencing authorities.
A San Diego theft crimes lawyer job is to help you and a loved one avoid any or most of the penalties mentioned above.
Possible Defenses For Theft Crime Offenses
Theft crimes are very common and though they are vigorously and aggressively prosecuted, they are not very easy to prove. There are several defenses available to a skilled theft crimes lawyer or attorney in the San Diego area. Theft charges are based on:
- Whether there was intent to steal
- Whether the property actually belonged to the accused
- Whether the owner consented to the accused taking the property
- Whether the allegations themselves are false and malicious
A skilled legal advocate can certainly try to prove that your intent was not to steal and that it was a mistake. Your attorney can also argue that you are being accused of falsely.
Get a Consultation from San Diego Theft Crimes Lawyers – Ask About Best Affordable Payment Plans & Free Consultation
As you can theft charge is not a joke and should be taken seriously. Please contact us now to be connected with a San Diego theft crimes lawyer today. A skilled attorney for criminal defense can help you avoid prison and having a theft crime criminal record.