San Diego Restraining Order Attorney Help – A Top Rated TRO Law Firm Can Provide Aggressive Representation For Both New & Violation Case
A San Diego restraining order lawyer or attorney works to defend you when a permanent or temporary restraining order is files again you or when you are accused of violating an order against you.
A San Diego restraining order lawyer can also help you file for a TRO against someone.
A restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone they have a close relationship with. You can ask for this if a person has abused you and you have a close relationship with that person.
Close relationship means that you are: Married or registered domestic partners, Divorced or separated, Dating or used to date, Living together or used to live together (more than roommates), Parents together of a child, OR Closely related.
If you are a parent and your child is being abused, you can also file on behalf of your child to protect your child (and you and other family members). If your child is 12 or older, he or she can file on his or her own.
Call us if you are in need of a San Diego restraining order attorney help. Hire an aggressive criminal defense law firm to help you.
San Diego Restraining Order Lawyers Practice Areas
Most San Diego criminal defense and restraining order attorneys can help you defend or file for:
- Civil Harassment Restraining Order
- Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Order
- Workplace Violence Restraining Order
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order
In addition to helping defend those with an unlawful restraining order, our law firm can also help in filing for those who need to get one against another.
Restraining Order Violations (Penal Code 273.6 PC) Is a Crime
If you violate a restraining order in Calfifornia you may be charged with a crime under penal code 273.6 pc and the punishment if convicted may include:
- Going to Jail;
- Paying Fines;
- 52 weeks of Domestic Violence Classes;
- Public Work Service;
- Community Service; and,
- Probation, among other potential penalties.
Again, because of these severe consequences, it is important to fight it by contacting and getting the help of an experienced San Diego restraining order lawyer.
Penalties For Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)
As a result you:
- Will not be able to go to certain places or to do certain things;
- You might have to move out of your home;
- It may affect your ability to see your own children;
- You will not be able to own a gun and you will have to turn in or sell any guns you may now have and not be able to buy a gun while the restraining order is in effect.
- It may affect your immigration status if you are not a U.S. Citizen;
- You will struggle to get work with law enforcement or government agencies once the order is on your record; and, It could lead to criminal charges.
Hiring an experienced and smart restraining order lawyer in San Diego area can help you avoid all or most of the mentioned above penalties.
An experienced permanent or temporary restraining order lawyer should have many defenses in her or his play book help you defend your rights and freedom. Some of those defense are:
- you are not aware of the restraining order against you
- the court didn’t legally issue the restraining order
- in the case of you being accused of violating a restraining order, he or she will argue that you didn’t intentionally or didn’t violate it at all
Get Free Consultation By Contacting Us
If you have been served with one against you, call us today at 619-493-1207 or use our contact form. Having an order against you is a serious matter. An aggressive San Diego restraining order lawyer are dedicated to helping those in need of defending or getting a restraining. If you are in need of a protective order defense, call The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros immediately.
If you are not currently in danger, but would like to seek a domestic violence restraining order because of past threats or abuse or potentially future threats, then call today to speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney.