- 1 San Diego Restraining Orders
- 2 Contact a San Diego Restraining Order Attorney Now!
A San Diego restraining order lawyer or attorney works to defend you when a permanent or temporary restraining order is files against you or when you are accused of violating a lawful order under California Penal Code 273.6 PC.
A San Diego restraining order lawyer can also help you file for a TRO against someone.
If you or a loved one has a restraining order against them or accused of violating one, The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros can connect you with a San Diego criminal defense law firm for a free case review.
San Diego Restraining Orders
Below are some informations regarding San Diego restraining orders.
So What Is A San Diego Restraining Order?
A San Diego restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone.
You can ask for this if a person has abused you or you feel threatened.
A lot of restraining orders are issued against someone with a close relationship with the person seeking it.
Close relationship means that you are: Married or registered domestic partners, Divorced or separated, Dating or used to date, Living together or used to live together (more than roommates), Parents together of a child, OR Closely related.
If you are a parent and your child is being abused, you can also file on behalf of your child to protect your child (and you and other family members).
If your child is 12 or older, he or she can file on his or her own.
Call us if you need to file as a San Diego restraining order attorney can help you file one properly.
San Diego Restraining Order Lawyers Practice Areas
Most San Diego criminal defense and restraining order attorneys can help you defend or file for:
- Civil Harassment Restraining Order
- Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Order
- Workplace Violence Restraining Order
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order
In addition to helping defend those with an unlawful restraining order, our attorney network can also help in filing for those who need to get one against another.
Restraining Order Violations (Penal Code 273.6 PC) Is a Crime
If you violate a restraining order in California you may be charged with a crime under penal code 273.6 pc and the punishment if convicted may include:
- Going to Jail
- Paying Fines
- 52 weeks of Domestic Violence Classes( if it is domestic violence related)
- Public Work Service
- Community Service
- Probation, among other potential penalties
Again, because of these severe consequences, it is important to fight it by contacting and getting the help of an experienced San Diego restraining order lawyer.
Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)
As a result you:
- Will not be able to go to certain places or to do certain things;
- You might have to move out of your home;
- It may affect your ability to see your own children;
- You will not be able to own a gun and you will have to turn in or sell any guns you may now have and not be able to buy a gun while the restraining order is in effect.
- It may affect your immigration status if you are not a U.S. Citizen;
- You will struggle to get work with law enforcement or government agencies once the order is on your record; and, It could lead to criminal charges.
Hiring an experienced and smart restraining order lawyer in San Diego area can help you avoid all or most of the mentioned above penalties.
An experienced permanent or temporary restraining order lawyer in San Diego should have many defenses in her or his play book to help you defend your rights and freedom.
Some of those defenses are:
- you are not aware of the restraining order against you
- the court didn't legally issue the restraining order
- in the case of you being accused of violating a restraining order, he or she will argue that you didn't intentionally or didn't violate it at all
Contact a San Diego Restraining Order Attorney Now!
If you have been served with one against you, call today with the number on our contact page
Having an order against you is a serious matter that could cause some long term legal issues.
However, an aggressive and skilled San Diego restraining order lawyers who are dedicated to helping those in need of defending or getting a restraining can help.
If you are in need of a protective order defense, call The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros number immediately to be connected with a restraining order attorney.
If you aer a victim and not currently in danger, but would like to seek a San Diego domestic violence restraining order because of past threats or abuse or potentially future threats, then call today to speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Contacting a San Diego lawyer for domestic battery, assault, or abuse lawyer even when you are victim will help you have someone advocating for you.
if you are currently in danger please call the San Diego police - https://www.sdsheriff.gov/bureaus/law-enforcement-services-bureau/support-services/communications-center - or dial 911 for help.