San Diego Grand Theft Attorney
Experienced San Diego grand theft lawyer taking your charges serious as they ares serious crimes. This is why you need an aggressive team at The San Diego Criminal Defense Pros to be on your side. Contact our San Diego auto theft attorney today.
Grand Theft (Penal Code 487 PC)
California Penal Code 487 defines Grand Theft as the unlawful taking of money, labor, or real or personal property valued at over $950.00. The common types of grand theft is Additionally, the following situations are instances in which the act is classified as Grand Theft even though the property taken is worth less than the statutory amount of $950.00:
- Theft of certain farm crops and domestic fowls whose value exceeds $100.00;
- Theft of fish, shellfish, mollusks, crustaceans, kelp, algae, or other aqua-cultural products whose value exceeds $100.00;
- Theft of money, labor, or property taken by a servant, agent, or employee from his or her principal or employer with an aggregate value of $400.00 or more in any twelve month period;
- Theft of property from the person of another. If force is used to effect the theft, the crime can also be classified as robbery;
- Theft of a firearm, regardless of its value;
- Theft of a horse, mare, gelding, any bovine animal, any caprine animal, mule, jack, jenny, sheep, lamp, hog, sow, boar, gilt, barrow, or pig. A defendant who converts the carcass of such animal, or any portion thereof, is also guilty of grand theft;
- Theft of real estate valued at $100.00 or more that is converted into personal property by severance;
- Theft of any amount of “gold duct, amalgam, or quicksilver;” and (9) Theft of a dog whose value exceeds $400.00.
Any theft that does not fit into the above category for Grant Theft is considered to be Petty Theft.
San Diego Grand Thefts Lawyers Defense Strategies
An experienced criminal lawyer can use defense strategies such as:
- You are being wrongfully accused
- The owner of the property gave you permission to use it
- You were not read your rights properly during arrest
- File motions to suppress evidence
Contact Our Aggressive & Best Legal Team For 24/7 Free Consultation
Call 619-493-1207 or use our contact form to speak directly to a San Diego grand theft auto law firm experienced in all types of theft.